Receive alerts via Untappd on your mobile devicewhen this venue adds new beers and/or events!
An error occured. Please try again.
Great! Your subscription to this venue was successful.
More Venue Details
See Latest Activity
11AM - 11PM
11AM - 11PM
11AM - 11PM
11AM - 11PM
11AM - 1AM
11AM - 1AM
11AM - 11PM
- Payment Types: Cash Only, Discover, American Express, Master Card, Visa
- Food Served
- Outdoor Seating
- Pet Friendly
- Child Friendly
- 26,280 Total
- 4,348 Unique
- 554 Monthly
A shocking video of five high school girls giggling as they appear to repeatedly blurt out the N-word in a video made with phone feature which reverses speech has surfaced.
The girls are seniors and juniors at Weber High School in Pleasant View, Utah.
They uploaded the video to Instagram this week and it has since spread across various social media platforms.
It shows them giggling and speaking in to the camera one by one to say: 'F****** n*****s'.
It is believed the girls used a Snapchat filter to achieve the effect then saved the video and uploaded it to Instagram.
Scroll down for video
The video spread online on Monday after being uploaded to Instagram by one of the girls. It sounds as though the girls are all saying 'f****** n******' but school staff say they in fact said 'surgeon cuff' and that a Snapchat filter played it backwards. The girl captioned it 'serggin cuff' online
Horrified classmates picked up on the video and shared it on Facebook and Twitter along with comments laying out their disgust.
School officials who are now looking into whether the girls should face discipline.
say they were using an app which plays speech backwards.
They in fact uttered 'surgeon cuff' and watched in amusement as the technology transformed their words into offensive racial slurs. It explains the video's original caption 'serggin cuff' but staff said there is still 'no excuse' for the footage.
'The video was then possibly uploaded into an app that plays it backwards, producing an entirely different sounding phrase. In this case, a very derogatory, offense racial slur.
'Our IT department is working to confirm this,' Lane Findlay, the district spokesman, said in statement on the Weber School District Facebook page said on Tuesday.
'We are shocked by the conduct of these students and the contents of the video.
'However the video was made, it is completely inappropriate.
'We are trying to determine when the video was made, where it was filmed, why the students would engage in such conduct, and how the clip ended up on social media.
'School officials are in the process of making contact with the students involved and their families.
'Those contacted have already expressed regret and are extremely apologetic for what has happened,' he continued, adding that he hoped it would serve as a 'learning experience' for the girls.
'Racism, whether intentional or not, has no place in our schools or society.
The girls all took turns speaking into the camera. They are juniors and seniors at the same high school
'Certainly, there are no excuses for this type of behavior, but they are still children in a sense and hopefully this will be a learning experience for them and others,' he added.
Critics feared the group were being let off lightly and that staff were making an excuse for their actions.
They called for the school to make an example out of the girls.
'Making excuses for this behavior allows these girls and others to believe that Weber School District is okay with the conduct and that you will continue to allow it. At some point, there has to be an example set.
'If not by cheerleaders that represent the school, than by the district who runs it,' one said.
Others slammed them as 'disgusting' and said they 'knew what they were doing'.
'They were fully aware of what they did and posted it because they thought it was funny,' one person said.
'I'm sure they thought they were being cute and funny.... Until it was on social media,' another said.
None have been suspended or expelled yet and school staff have not indicated how or if they plan to discipline the girls further.
Weber High School in Pleasant View, Utah, (above) said it was investigating the footage
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
Share or comment on this article
- Married RE teacher, 46, faces being struck off for...
- EXCLUSIVE: 'God protect me!': Katie Piper shares cryptic...
- Is where you live an Alabama Rot hotspot? Interactive map...
- Devastated couple have their £15,000 wedding cancelled...
- Australia, Poland and Japan could join England in...
- Stormy Daniels takes a spin around the pole in Florida...
- 'He's a sleepy-eye son of a b***h': Vitriolic Trump...
- Scott Baio's stuntwoman wife, 45, reveals she has been...
- Ex-serviceman had been thrown off veterans' home PTSD...
- 'Tempers occasionally get frayed': Stranger Things...
- Moment 'drunk' Ryanair passenger, 45, who forced a...
- Traces of nerve agent are found in Zizzi restaurant where...
- Florida teacher 'attacks mother and repeatedly punches...
- Shame of Bono's charity bullies: Married female worker...
- Beware of Disease X: World Health Organisation scientists...
- Heart-stopping moment a police officer walked away...
- Father-of-two, 33, is hit by hundreds of pounds of fines...
- Horse and trappings of royalty! Lady Louise Windsor, 14,...