Industry: Automotive Manufacturing and Sales
Toyota – Microsoft Access – Programming Project
A while back we completed a really nice and easy to use Microsoft Access database for Toyota. The database was initially designed and developed onsite, and the rest of the work was completed remotely by one of our East Coast Senior Developer offices. The database used an advanced graphical user interface (GUI) based on Microsoft Access forms to truly allow a point and click experience for the user. The images displayed below allow you to see how an advanced GUI is built. While your firm may not be as well know as Toyota or you might not be as large, at Excel Consultant, you get the same service, the same commitment to excellence, and the same guarantee.
It is of value to see that extremely complicated and advanced Microsoft Excel and Access custom solutions can be completed remotely using meeting software such as GoToMeeting or Skype, cloud storage such as Box.Net or Dropbox, and e-mail for general correspondence. For this project we went onsite, at an added cost to Toyota, to gather information and requirements for the project. We are proud to say that the application has worked perfectly since placed into production. So no matter your location, United States, Canada, Europe, Australia or elsewhere, we can satisfy your needs. For onsite projects, accounting for any applicable reimbursable travel costs, we are available as needed throughout the project.
Call us now and get started today 877-392-3539
Access and a New Dilemma: Custom Cloud Applications
Long before running applications on the cloud was a requirement, Microsoft Access was the leading database software for small-scale business applications. However, as the cloud became mainstream, Access did not advance with it. Despite the demand for web and mobile applications, Microsoft Access got too tied up with SharePoint and did not perform well in multi-user or large-scale scenarios.
Access users and developers, who must migrate their solutions to the cloud, face slow, expensive and complex alternatives.
The Caspio Platform
Caspio is a powerful replacement for Microsoft Access databases and applications. It is a feature-rich, all-in-one solution for creating custom business application for internal or public-facing use. Our platform uses step-by-step wizards instead of coding, resulting in ultra-fast development. Caspio has been dubbed the “Microsoft Access of the web” because of its similar data management model and application-building features.
Advantages of Migrating Access to Caspio
Watch the presentation below to see what Caspio can do for you.
Key Features for MS Access Users
In addition to using a similar data management and application-building model, Caspio offers many unique capabilities for Microsoft Access developers:
- Built-in import and export functions that can read and write data files in Microsoft Access format.
- A highly scalable cloud database that supports up to two million records, and with optimization, up to 4 million records in each table, and thousands of simultaneous users.
- A Microsoft Office Plugin, which makes your online data accessible in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Both SOAP and REST API, giving you the ability to extend the capabilities of your Caspio applications using the language of your choice.
- A backend database built on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Enterprise-class security and compliance, including HIPAA edition, which meets some of the most stringent industry requirements and government regulations.
- Cost-effective pricing, including unlimited application users for all plans.
Developers and consultants are invited to join our Reseller Program for additional benefits including a generous recurring revenue stream.