Registered Nurse Cover Letter
Registered Nurses work in healthcare facilities and in homes helping to restore patient health. They are required to collaborate with physicians and to provide support to patients and their family members at the same time. Examples of Registered Nurse duties include: determining patient care requirements, providing emotional support, educating patients on their conditions, answering to inquiries, administering medicine, monitoring health condition and vital signs, adhering to infection control policies, and preparing patients for procedures.
A successful cover letter example for Registered Nurse displays the following skills:
- Clinical skills and medical teamwork
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Nursing expertise
- Emotional stability and composure
- Discipline and commitment
- Multitasking and time management
- Health promotion and infection control
- Computer literacy
- Stamina and resilience
Similar Registered Nurse qualifications can be seen in the sample cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Registered Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bianchi:
As a skilled Registered Nurse with comprehensive experience providing nursing services to a wide variety of patients within critical care environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care will allow me to substantially assist Klahown Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes preparing surgical rooms and equipment, utilizing highly technical devices / equipment, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and providing overarching bedside nursing support are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing comprehensive nursing support in a wide variety of surgical cases, including general, orthopedic, neuro and spine, ENT, gynecological, plastic, vascular, urological, and endoscopic procedures.
- Consistently demonstrating solid commitment to providing quality patient care in alignment with nursing philosophy, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Communicating effectively across diverse medical teams to ensure appropriate and necessary patient care; tracking patient progress and reports.
- Achieving credentials as a Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) and a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN); possessing a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
With my expertise in managing patient care and support, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Felicia S. Tucker
Nursing cover letter sample
Need to revitalize your job search? This sample cover letter for a nurse can help give your career a healthy prognosis.
If you’re a nurse, you know the power of making a connection to others. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for nursing. To be considered for top nursing jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a nurse, or download the nursing cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers and search for nursing jobs on Monster.
Nursing cover letter template
Lydia Newland, rn
Sometown, TX 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Mr. Thomas Smith
Human Resources Manager
55 Palmetto Ave.
Sometown, TX 55555
Re: Pediatric Nurse (Ref. #555555) Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Smith:
With nearly 10 years of experience as a pediatric nurse at ABC Children’s Hospital, I offer the proven clinical skills, healthcare knowledge and record of patient-care excellence that you are seeking for your pediatric nurse opening.
In 2007, I completed a clinical rotation at XYZ Hospital under the supervision of Sally Right, RN. The program’s exceptional pediatric program and provision of life-enriching children’s activities stood out to me. I would like to be part of this caring team.
Please consider my credentials:
- BSN, RN and certifications in ACLS and PALS.
- Extensive experience caring for newborns, infants and children of all ages, with a history of top-rated performance in pediatrics, NICU and PICU practice areas.
- Proficiencies in various EMR and EHR patient records and charting systems.
- Outstanding communication skills with colleagues, patients and families.
- The ability to support and collaborate with members of interdisciplinary medical teams.
I share XYZ Hospital’s commitment to quality care and would welcome the chance for an interview. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lydia Newland, RN
See all sample cover letters on Monster.